The word blog is derived from two words: Web and Log. A blog is just like a diary on the Web which we can update anytime we have something new to write or display. There are many legitimate Internet businesses as well as many scams. Sometimes it's difficult to know which is which. Today's economy is hard and to be parted from your hard earned cash is not an option. It's better to be safe rather than sorry. It is confusing when you surf the Internet and find so many sales pitches, claiming that they are the best business opportunity.
My recommendation is to start with a free blog site.
Blogging is also a legitimate Internet business. You can start building a business from a free blog site. This doesn't require money to start, but it does require creativity, hard work, and writing ability. There are many articles that you can read about writing and how to write. One place to search for these articles is hubpages. You will find many articles about writing at hubpages. People nowadays are sharing almost all that they know on the Web.
Choose a free blog site.
If you don't have a blog website yet, it is easy to start one. I would suggest either Wordpress.com or Blogger.com which is my website. It is very easy to set up a blog at blogger.com, even if you don't have many computer skills. If there is something you don't understand you can always go to Google forum and ask questions and some experts will try to help answer your questions.
Earn Money from your free blog
Blogger.com lets you earn money from your free blog site. Blogger offers monitization of your website through Google Adsense and Amazon Associate program. You will earn income depending on how you advertise your site or drive traffic to your new blog site. The more traffic your website gets, the higher your income.
In order to use Google Adsense you will have to apply and once approved you will receive your publisher ID. You will have to apply for an Amazon Associate ID as well. The application can be done right inside inside the blogger's website. After you set up your free website you will be taken to the control panel. Inside you will see a "Monetize" button and if you click that you will see Google Adsense and Amazon buttons. If you have no Adsense and Amazon ID yet, just click the buttons to apply. Just follow their step by step instructions. Your website needs a lot of traffic for you to earn money, so you will have to advertise your website by creating backlinks, joining forums and use your URL as signature when you post in the forum. Joining social media like facebook and twitter will be a good help also. Submit your blogs to blog directories and subscribe in RSS feeds.
Creating a free blogger website
Using Google Account:
- Go to Blogger homepage and click "create you blog now" button. Type your Google account password and check the "Acceptance of Terms" box. Read the Terms of Service.
- Display Name field- this is where you fill a name that you want to use for display on your blog profile. If you don't want to use your real name, you can make up a name that you want to use.
- Click continue- next is "Naming your blog."
- In the "Blog Title" field type the name of your blog. This name will appear on the very top of your website. This should consist of your main keywords, so your website will be easy to find by the search engine.
- In the "Blog Address" field you will type the URL for your website. (example: yoursitename.blogspot.com) Then click the "Check Availability" link. If it's not available, try another domain name and check again until you come up with the available URL.
- Click continue.
Think of a good topic to write that is related, to your website title and domain name. You could start with about 400 words but, if you can, make it longer. You need to use keywords in the title of your post, in the first sentence and in the last sentence of your article. It is better for the search engine if you type the keywords in bold print. Do not use many keywords in one article as it will sounds like spam to the search engines. Now that you have created a blog you need to concentrate on writing good contents, so it will be indexed by Google as soon as possible. It is also good to start promoting your website and create backlinks to place in other sites.